All personnel, including faculty, staff, and students, must self-assess their health daily before reporting to the Supervisor-in-Charge, AGP Dental Outreach Project Team. They must respond “No” to all the following questions:
- Fever >100.00 F
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Flu-like symptoms
- Recent and abrupt loss or reduction of the sense of smell and/or taste
- Close personal contact (without PPE) with a suspected or laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 patient in the past 2 weeks
- Travel within the past 2 weeks to a region with high rates of COVID-19 disease activity
Apart from the standard COVID-19 protocols and guidelines issued by the WHO. CDC and FDI, these include:
- All volunteers must be tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to travel, where this is possible in their locality. Some governments require pre-travel testing in order to enter a country and we’re asking volunteers to present a medical certificate on arrival at the program to verify they have not tested positive for COVID-19.
- During orientation, each volunteer’s temperature will be taken and they will be assessed for signs of any other COVID-19 symptoms.
- Increased frequency and depth of cleaning practices in both accommodation and placement locations.
- Antibacterial spray/wipes will be present at all placements with surfaces wiped between volunteer shifts and/or individual dental patient chang
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers will be available at project sites and at the program base.
- Greater physical separation between volunteers in accommodation and placements.
- Symptomatic individuals will be isolated from others in accordance with local regulations and WHO guidelines. If symptoms persist or are of concern, individuals will be assisted in contacting a healthcare provider for testing, advice and/or treatment.