Our vision is to set up sustainable community oral health projects in every school in the remotest corners of mountain Nepal, replicating our current, highly impactful service delivery model. We intend to scale up and establish 20 additional projects in the next two years and 50 in the subsequent three years. Further, we want to bring oral health care delivery to the underserviced mountain communities through the dental outreach volunteering projects template to cover another 15,000 patients in next 5 years, in partnership with international dental schools and volunteering students.
Activate, Implement and Support: Design, develop and customize volunteering projects to scale up participation of more students and practitioners as a principal pillar of Experiential Learning model
Monitor/Surveillance: Monitor the burden of disease, risk factors, preventive services, and other associated factors.
Research: Support public oral health research that directly applies to policies and programs.
Communications: Communicate timely and relevant information to impact policy, practices, and programs.
Preventive strategies: Support the implementation and maintenance of effective strategies and interventions to reduce the burden of oral diseases and conditions.
Stakeholder infrastructure: Build capacity and infrastructure for sustainable, effective, and efficient oral health programs.
- Prevent and control dental caries across the life stages with particular focus on school going children in Nepal
- Prevent and control periodontal diseases
- Prevent and control oral and pharyngeal cancers and their risk factors
- Eliminate disparities in oral health
- Promote prevention of disease transmission in dental health care settings
- Increase state oral health program infrastructure capacity and effectiveness
- Increase use of cross-cutting policy development and translational approaches to promote oral health
- Assure an efficient and effective organization
- Augment and foster the tenets of Experiential Learning by adhering to the protocols of ADEA & ADA for such international dental volunteering outreach projects.