What better place for education than in schools? Under this project, each partner school appoints either an AGP trained village Barefoot Dentist or a trained local school teacher to acts as an Oral Health Supervisor. The principal functions would be to:
- To screen the students to create their Dental Records
- Run a daily brushing program at school
- Dental Sealant
- Application of dental sealant
- Ensure each student gets at least one dental checkup per year
- Include oral health education in the school health curriculum
- Organize fun, creative activities to promote oral health care: competitions, fairs, dramas, art exhibits…anything goes!
Around Good People is a grassroots activists’ non-profit organization that provides healthcare volunteer programs for dental undergraduate students, graduate students, residents, and practitioners in the areas that need it the most the inhospitable terrains of mountain Nepal with its forbidding Himalayan mountain. In providing urgently needed oral health care assistance to the people in these regions, we help participants gain valuable exposure to dentistry in most difficult challenging environment through an ethics-based approach to care. We strictly adhere to the protocol and guidelines set out by the ADEA and ADA for international dental volunteering by students. Our programs also allow volunteers the opportunity to immerse themselves in the beauty and culture of the exotic holiday destination of Nepal. Founded on the principles of community partnership and self-help with the assistance of international volunteering AGP provides a safe and mutually beneficial experience where students can make a meaningful contribution to disadvantaged populations throughout the nooks and corners of the Himalayan Nepal.
To apply for this placement, click on “Apply Now” below. Fill in the short application form and one of our advisers will then call you back to answer any questions and make sure this is the perfect placement for you. Applying doesn’t cost a penny and you won’t pay anything until you’re completely happy and you’re ready to reserve your place.
- School owned initiative
- Experiential learning
- Legacy initiation of oral hygiene education project in affiliated school at urban areas
- Cultural immersion
- Free dental care( oral hygiene instruction including free distribution of tooth brush/ fluoridated toothpaste, fluoride gel application)
- Food- fun- adventure
- Optional add on holiday package of trekking, paragliding and safari